The Trustee is the treasurer/banker of County Government. All money received by the County flows through the Trustee’s office. The three main functions of the Trustee’s Office are:
- Collection of property taxes and miscellaneous revenue from other County offices, state, federal and other local governments.
- The recording of revenue collections and distribution of monies to the appropriate departments.
- The investment of County funds to generate interest.
The Trustee is also charged with administering the tax relief program offered by the State of Tennessee for elderly and disabled residents and disabled veterans. The Trustee also files bankruptcy claim forms for unpaid taxes that are in the office and collects payment. The Trustee collects severance tax for minerals that are removed from property in Grainger County.
The Trustee’s Office completes a daily reconciliation of all warrants to ensure that expenditures are accurately accounted for.
As a convenience, property taxes can be paid at the courthouse, online or at the following locations:
- 1st Tuesday of each month @Washburn Community Center 1:00 – 5:00 pm
- 2nd Tuesday of each month @Blaine City Hall 1:00 – 5:00 pm
- 3rd Tuesday of each month @Thorn Hill Community Center 1:00 – 5:00 pm
- 4th Tuesday of each month @Bean Station Town Hall 1:00 – 5:00 pm